California Club, Las Vegas, $5
- California Club, Las Vegas, $5 - collectible vintage casino chip
The California Club operated from 1958 to 1973. Phil Long took over operation of the casino located at the corner of First and Fremont Street in Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada, 1958. The locals casino catered to local gamblers. It was owned and operated by Phil Long and partner George Milford and was a casino only without any hotel rooms. The California Club was sold to Steve Wynn in 1973. The California Club was combined into the Golden Nugget shortly after the purchase by Wynn.