La Concha - San Juan - Puerto Rico - $5 (3 tan inserts) - obsolete vintage casino chip - collectable - rare
La Concha - San Juan - Puerto Rico - $5 (3 black inserts) - obsolete vintage casino chip - collectable - rare.
The hotel was first opened in 1958 during the Tropical Modernism Movement.
In 1973, the La Concha was united with the adjacent Condado Beach Hotel into one hotel, known as the Hyatt Puerto Rico. In 1976, the complex was taken over by Hilton International and renamed the Condado Beach La Concha Convention Center, with a huge convention wing built between the two existing hotel structures. The complex was later taken over by Carnival Cruise Line and renamed the Condado Beach Trio, before closing in 1995. The government-owned properties sat vacant for years, and were finally severed in 2004, and the convention center between them was demolished to build a public park.