Las Vegas Club - $1 vintage casino chip, collectible, rare

Las Vegas Club - $1 vintage casino chip,  collectible, rare
Click image for Gallery
  • Product Code: LVC-002
  • Availability: In Stock
  • £15.00
  • Ex Tax: £15.00
- +


Las Vegas Club - $1 vintage casino chip,  collectible, rare

Las Vegas Club was a casino in Las Vegas, Nevada established in 1930, and demolished in 2017 for the construction of a new resort. In January 2019, a new resort, Circa Resort & Casino, was announced for the site, to open by late 2020.

John Wisner originally bought the property on the corner of Main and Fremont where the Las Vegas Club now stands, at a 1905 land auction for $1,750 and built the Overland Hotel. In 1911 the Overland burnt to the ground and was rebuilt on the same location. The Overland briefly became Frank Donovan's Chatterbox Club and Talk of the Town Bar. The Las Vegas Club opened in 1930. The owner was J. Kell Houssels who installed the first neon sign on a hotel gambling establishment in 1931. It was only the second neon casino sign in the city. The Las Vegas Club was originally on the south side of Fremont Street, at 21-23 Fremont, midway between Main and 1st Street. It was right next to the Northern Club casino, which became the La Bayou casino. In 1949, J. Kell Houssels Sr. owner of the Las Vegas Club moved it across the street to 18 Fremont street, the site of the Overland Hotel, eventually expanding to its present location at the corner of Fremont and Main. Houssels then erected the famous Las Vegas Club sign on site, the tallest sign in town. The Overland Hotel continued to operate above the Club. In 1961, Jackie Gaughan, Mel Exber and Larry Hazzlewood bought the Las Vegas Club and Houssels became majority shareholder in the Tropicana.