The Westerner Club Las Vegas - Vintage Casino Ashtray
The Westerner Club Las Vegas - Vintage Casino Ashtray, collectable, rare
Pretty much the quintessential sawdust joint can be epitomized by the now defunct "Westerner" in Las Vegas.
In 1946 Texas gambler Benny Binion came to Las Vegas and invested in J. Kell Houssels' Las Vegas Club which was at 23 East Fremont Street. After the Las Vegas Club moved across Fremont Street to the Overland Hotel in 1951, Benny Binion sold his interest in the Las Vegas Club and opened the Westerner Saloon & Gambling House in the building where the Las Vegas Club had been. Binion then sold the Westerner Saloon & Gambling House in less than a year to buy the Eldorado Club and Apache Hotel where he opened the Horseshoe Club.
The Westerner Saloon & Gambling House had other owners until 1960 when it became Club Bingo.
The Westerner 21-23 Fremont St. Opened 1950 - Closed 1960